Did You Know?
- Studies suggest that people with sleep apnea have a higher risk of cancer.
- Drinking three or more cups of coffee per day is linked with a reduced risk of death.
- Propecia, the baldness drug for men, causes sexual dysfunction.
- In a study of women over age 65, those who ate the most monounsaturated fats (olive oil, nuts, avocados) had the brain power of women 6-7 years younger.
- Dogs have been trained to detect oncoming seizures and to identify cancer in tissue samples.
- People who sleep five hours or less a night are 32 percent more likely to gain weight than those who sleep seven hours.
- Astronauts lose their sense of smell in space, most likely due to weightlessness causing fluid in the sinuses.
- Knee replacement surgeries have doubled over the past decade, and more than tripled in women between the ages of 45 and 64.
- Children who were breastfed for 6+ months are 51 percent less likely to be obese at age 9 than formula-fed kids.
Welcome to Luvmeyoga!And welcome to Tracie Wright Vlaun’s thoughts. I would like to use this site to express myself and the happenings in this world today. If you agree or you are interested, please comment, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I just worked on one of Oprah’s new TV shows this Fall on OWN, and I was inspired to express myself. Please listen and enjoy the ride!!
Tracie Wright Vlaun
V ART OF WELLNESS » BeFIT™
Christopher Vlaun’s BeFit Method™ is a multi-modal cross training program that teaches people of all fitness levels to actualize their innate, athletic potential. By incorporating natural resistance movements, nurturing agility, flexibility, strength and power, this method focuses on liberation and transformation from the inside out.
Incorporating an outdoor training circuit, The BeFit Method utilizes a variety of training modalities that dramatically improve joint stability and internal alignment, creating a solid core of symmetry, harmonized motion and inner balance. To ensure maximum results, BeFit routines are performed on the sand, trail, or grass. These natural elements trigger aggressive calorie burn while accelerating weight loss and muscle tone.
Training in an outdoor environment, without the artificial sensory distractions of a gym, is one of the cornerstones of the BeFit philosophy. Natural settings create an ideal opportunity to bring the focus back to the specific mind/body connection of the individual, making them aware of their breath, their heartbeat, their rhythm – and the fitness they were born to have.
BEFIT METHOD™ TRAINING PHILOSOPHY
1. Synergy (establish a primary connection of mind, body and spirit)
2. Inside Out Fuctional (movements that create a synergy of inner power and balance)
3. Focus on global functioning (the body’s movements not the individual muscles)
4. Pound for Pound (achieve an optimal power to weight ratio)
5. Train for your LIFE (train with an objective that relates to your life; i.e. activities, health, longevity)
6. Train all energy systems (Aerobic, Lactic Anaerobic, and Alactic Anaerobic)
7. Remove the unessential (every day remove what you do not need. i.e. bad habits, diet etc.)
8. Energy in-Energy out. (determine how much energy you will exert and eat for that)
9. Culmination (train for maximum results)
10. Rest (Recovery is a key element in your progression)
AREAS OF FOCUS “SPEM”
– Strength with the BeFit method (Relative strength to weight ratio, optimally carry your load)
– Power Endurance (Maximum exertion over duration)
– Endurance (Duration)
– Mobility (Establish stability, balance and coordination through a full range of motion.)
“All types of knowledge, ultimately leads to self knowledge” Bruce Lee
“Doubt can only be removed by action” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Join V Art of Wellness for your BeachFit classes and AEROGA on the beach!! Look at schedule on our website:
www.v-artofwellness.com!!! See you there!