Did You Know?
- Studies suggest that people with sleep apnea have a higher risk of cancer.
- Drinking three or more cups of coffee per day is linked with a reduced risk of death.
- Propecia, the baldness drug for men, causes sexual dysfunction.
- In a study of women over age 65, those who ate the most monounsaturated fats (olive oil, nuts, avocados) had the brain power of women 6-7 years younger.
- Dogs have been trained to detect oncoming seizures and to identify cancer in tissue samples.
- People who sleep five hours or less a night are 32 percent more likely to gain weight than those who sleep seven hours.
- Astronauts lose their sense of smell in space, most likely due to weightlessness causing fluid in the sinuses.
- Knee replacement surgeries have doubled over the past decade, and more than tripled in women between the ages of 45 and 64.
- Children who were breastfed for 6+ months are 51 percent less likely to be obese at age 9 than formula-fed kids.